Dynamics 365 App for Outlook 404 Authentication Issue from Outlook Desktop

I recently installed update 8.2.2 to our Dynamics CRM 2016 on-premise. I am looking to take advantage of the new Dynamics 365 App for Outlook, but I was having trouble authenticating the app in Outlook. I currently have CRM configured with claims-authentication, IFD using ADFS 3.0 and Oauth. I have set up server synchronization for test accounts and this works successfully. I have deployed the App for Outlook to my Outlook 2016 application.
When I attempt to use the Dynamics 365 App for Outlook, it attempts to authenticate. I enter my domain email address and password and then IE opens up with a 404 - File or directory not found message. The URL that it's trying to go to is:
"https://[CRM ORG URL]/CrmMailApp/undefined?client_id=1bef97ab-72ae-e511-80db-005056bd0caf&redirect_uri=https://[CRM ORG URL]/crmmailapp/code_auth.aspx&resource=https://[CRM ORG URL]&response_type=code&state=undefined?client_id=1bef97ab-72ae-e511-80db-005056bd0caf-dc2db2b5b7f40166c1de4e00b3f8fbb2"
I have reviewed the CRM logs from the server, fiddler traces the Outlook app, and ADFS 
So here is the tricky part but solves the issue:
I downgraded Office to a lower build 1701 of Office and carried tests with 2 different scenarios and are as follows:                                                                                                          
Scenario 1                   
1. Restart the Machine 
2. Log in with xxxxx account
3. Open Outlook and proceed to click on the outlook app
4. You will be prompted to log in into sts via Internet Explorer, use account name xxxxxxx to log in, this will authenticate with d365    and the IE Page will close and you should be able to see the outlook app functions within outlook.
5. Restart the machine.
6. Log in with xxxxx account
7. Open Outlook and proceed to click on the outlook app
8. Step 7 will authenticate automatically as the log in from step 4 is still alive and picked up as outlook has the credentials.

Scenario 2

1. Restart the Machine 
2. Log in with xxxxx account
3. Open Outlook and proceed to click on the outlook app
4. You will be prompted to log in into sts via Internet Explorer, use account name xxxxx to log in, this will authenticate with d365    and the IE Page will close and you should be able to see the outlook app functions within outlook.
5. Clear Internet Explorer Browser Cache
6. Restart the machine.
7. Log in with xxxxx account
8. Open Outlook and proceed to click on the outlook app
9. You will be prompted to log in into sts via Internet Explorer, use account name xxxxx to log in, this will authenticate with d365 and the IE Page will close and you should be able to see the outlook app functions within outlook

Microsoft say they have now identified and they are looking to carry out internal testing ready for testing ready for sign off week ending 22/12/17 and a hotfix release to customers due in mid January

I pleased to say this has been fixed in V 8.2.2.329

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dynamics 365 (on-premises), version 8.2 upgrade/import to v9.0.2 Failure

Dynamics 365 - Dashboards – You do not have enough privileges to access the Microsoft Dynamics CRM object or perform the requested operation.

How To Deploy Dynamics App For Outlook (On-Premise)